Tom is the Co-Founder of Viisi NV, a financial services company that offers customized mortgage solutions for highly educated customers.
Prior to Viisi, Tom worked for MLP, where he was responsible for the Dutch and Swiss subsidiaries.
Before that he started his professional career as a consultant at McKinsey.
I believe we should leave the world in a better shape than it was when we were born.
I experienced that life can be very short, when I had cancer when I was 20. So I want to spend my time on things that matter. I believe in a "why" of individuals and organisations. The "why" is the motivational engine that gives fullfillment in what we do.
My personal focus is:
• to change the world of finance
• to change the way we work: selforganisation | Holacracy | NewWork | NewPay
• European capitalism | Rijnlands
• Philosophy | Politics | Enlightment (liberté, égalité, fraternité)
I share this purpose in:
• opinion articles: Financieele Dagblad, Trouw, etc.
• interviews in newspapers and magazines: Financieele Dagblad, NRC Handelsblad, Volkskrant, TagesAnzeiger, Quote, Sprout etc.
• podcasts (my preferred medium): Being Human, Leadership Morphosis etc.
• video interviews: https://voordeommekeer.nl
• lectures at universities (pro bono)
• Talks or panel discussions at conferences
• boardroom sessions
I am also active as an advisor, especially on a board level.
• Superuse (Circulair Architecture)
• Het Portaal (connecting business and society)
• Alternatievenkabinet (van Jos de Blok of Buurtzorg & Thijs Jansen of Stichting Beroepseer)
- The Future Of Capitalism: A Swinkels Economy, Or Heineken Economy? 1 year ago
- Less is More: 10 Practical Examples 1 year ago
- Less Is More: What Organizations Can Learn From Mies Van Der Rohe 1 year ago
- It's About Solidarity, Stupid! (Why Avoiding Layoffs Makes Sense) 2 years ago